Moon Heightmap 5400x2700
Images and Data used to create the above image can be downloaded from Moon LRO LOLA DEM 118m v1 and NASA's Scientific Visualization Studio CGI Moon Kit
This digital elevation model (DEM) is based on data from the Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter (LOLA; Smith et al., 2010), an instrument on the National Aeronautics and Space Agency (NASA) Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) spacecraft (Tooley et al., 2010). The created DEM represents more than 6.5 billion measurements gathered between July 2009 and July 2013, adjusted for consistency in the coordinate system described below, and then converted to lunar radii (Mazarico et al., 2012).
- Data and images created from the source data and provided on this page as images and other data formats, should NOT be used for navigation, safety or any other purpose where precise data is required.
- Data and images created from the source data and provided on this page as images and other data formats, is sourced from various other data sets of varying quality and have may have their own further license requirements attached.
- Any modifications to the source data are Copyright 2020 © Sean Bradley and are provided without any warranty of any kind, express or implied.
- All of the source data used to create the images and data further provided by this site was obtained from public domain data sources.
- Any repurposed data may have been amplified, simplified or adjusted in some other way intended for the purpose of using in my 3d modelling tutorials.
- My name, Sean Bradley, or this website cannot be used in any way that suggests endorsement of any further derived products created from the images and data supplied by this website or my courses without specific prior written permission.
- If you use the images provided by this website, you must attach an attribution link to this page that shows the license and disclaimers so that any further users are aware of the sources, limitations and quality of the data provided by this website.
- The attribution should be visible enough and easily accessible for users so that they are aware of the conditions contained in the licenses and disclaimers.